Thursday, February 4, 2016

Schematic Diagrams

Was flipping through my service manual today looking for torque specs, being told to "see Table 3" but no listing of what page it was on. Flipping through more pages I finally discovered the Table 3, now back to the original page... "What a hassle!" I thought... then a nerd light bulb went off in my head today. "Let's make a page with a diagram that has all the information on that one single user friendly page!"
I went a bit over board. But stuff like this will totally save me loads of time when servicing Rose. I found an old schematic off the internet and I wound up restoring in in vector so I can get a nice print using Illustrator.
Looks like this might actually be my current project! I hope to make a few pages of similar parts I plan to service periodically.


My friend liked this idea quiet a bit. I might wind up doing some diagrams for his Subaru as long as it continues to be fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment