Saturday, December 28, 2013

Commission Sword Work II

Parts for the commissioned sword arrived right on time, right before Christmas! Sadly I haven't been able to get a chance to work on them with the holidays going on.
So far so good with progress. So much surface work, I almost think it might be best to just recast in resin, unfortunately that would add more expenses to this project. I think next time I will think twice about working with a blade, keeping a smooth surface. luckily Kaine's sword is going to have some wear and serious use 'look' to it, or at least that's what I'm aiming for.  Nothing worse then a completely clean blade that's seen more then it's share of use. Save that for decoration swords :P

Blade Parts with Handles.
Other interesting issue I have to deal with is the seam on the blade. Fun stuff... should be really cool though once it's painted. Just waiting on prime to set for 24 hrs and buff again and wait again haha. .
Should be more on this project in the next week or so.

In other news... Lidia's belt buckle's finished and placed a print order. Can't wait to get that sometime in mid January.

No comments:

Post a Comment