Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hrist's Armor - Gauntlets

Finally got around to starting on some of Hrist's armor parts again. Think I'll just suck it down and dive into the main armor hopefully this month. I need to do a lot of preparation work for that though. Not something I'm looking to forward too just yet... But it's got to be done. X_X

3D Gauntlets ready for printing.
So I've sent off to the printers the gauntlets and her upper arm armor. Hopefully by late April I'll have them in my possession. Unlike Lidia's gauntlets with a working flap. I was unable to make Hrist's flaps work... Due to printing restrictions with sizing. the pin size needed would need to be drilled out and the main hinges made thicker to support the print. I didn't want to make it bulky so I opted for a more realistic look rather then a resize just to make it work which would have made it look 'fatter' So I angled them using Lidia's range of motion as a template to find what worked best.

As mentioned above, main body armor will get started on soon hopefully. I do want to experiment with some custom hands too. making armor plates for the thumb area might be waste of my time, and just printing an entire new hand with the gloves and armors built in similar to what Volks does. will probably be the most efficient way to go about it? :S Hmm...

Bike Week Arizona 2014 started! I'll probably be wrapped up a bit with that for a while... after which I can resume work! :D

Till next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment