Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sword Work and Trip


Just got back from a short trip to the rim country here. Enjoyable time, I decided to take Lidia with me. We managed to get a lot of photos done, and pull off almost 3 miles of hiking into the wilderness. Loads of rain, hail, and strong winds sure made this trip an exciting one.
Once I get some spare time I'll begin working on Chapter 4 of my photo story series!

Sword update, I finished the base coat paint, and began adding the runes on the blade.

Also a further update, I think I'm done with Shapeways for weapons.... I'm planning to do Lidia's sword eventually. and had several models denied for being a weapon.... o_O Yet... I just got this 13.7" sword from them. To many silly regulations, there's a few 'work-around' but seriously? o_O Sure, Lidia's sword is rather menacing looking, and it can cleave entire planets in half... but just print the thing already!
Needless to say I'll be looking for a new company that can print models.
I know I looked into ABS before, and figured it was to much of a pain to clean the surfaces(acetone smoothing) My workflows evolved around plastic/nylon printing. I might have to force myself to accept something other then that though.
Well it's late, and I think I've ranted long enough.
More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment