Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rose's Rear Brake Pads Replaced

Well my new pads for Rose came in last night, so I decided to take the time and install them before work today. Sure glad I did... the old pads were definitely on their last legs. Sure was a bit tricky to get the inside pad pushed out into the caliper on my Harley FXD Dyna. Not a lot of access room to work with. but after a while of fussing and pushing it both bores were fully retracted.


Upon inspecting the old pads I noticed one corner was really well worn in. Talk about cutting it close. Installing the new Hawk Performance sintered pads I got was a breeze. Initial set in for the pads went well too, I could definitely feel a stopping difference, best of all I don't have to push the brake pedal all the way to the floor anymore for response! Saved myself a good amount of $$ on service and learned quite a bit in the process. I sure love working on mechanical things!

No comments:

Post a Comment